Music to work with! New Playlists and 18th Century Music for Writing, Studying and Research


18th century private concert held in a ballroom with ladies wearing fancy court dress and a small group of musicians

I love working from home because I always feel so productive! Also - I can actually play music out loud or use headphones if needed! It is also a must when blogging. Music just helps me work. I have even started listening to certain soundtracks when reading, something I never use to do. What about you?

Here are some of my music mixes I made for working, writing and studying.  Also, some short soundtrack suites, 18th century music and the big one - (something I have always wanted to own) music from Versailles box set! <3






Art Library Mixes

My most recent mix. love the art library mixes! I just let them play all day in the background! Enjoy


I made this mix (my original). Enjoy








Short suites of music for reading!



A short suite of some of the music from the soundtrack to Sense & Sensibility I made for reading, writing and researching.
Get the book
Watch the miniseries



A short suite of some of the music from the soundtrack to North & South I made for reading, writing and researching.
Get the book
Watch the miniseries



A short suite of some of the music from the soundtrack to Jane Eyre I made for reading, writing and researching.
Get the book
Get the DVD
Watch the movie
Get the soundtrack




18th Century Music

Le Salon de Musique de Marie-Antoinette, Available as digital album and CD.

If you are looking for music of the period...this should get you through!

My first suggestion is the album Le Salon de Musique de Marie-Antoinette.
"This enchanting disc is one to be enjoyed in tranquil moments. It conjures up the flavour of the salon of Marie-Antoinette, who counted music among her pleasures during the politically turbulent times at the court of her husband, Louis XVI. Aside from her penchant for the serious operas of Gluck and for the lighter ones of Grétry, Marie-Antoinette liked to play and listen to chamber music, an attractive, varied range of which is enshrined in this programme."  Norris, Geoffrey. "Le Salon de Musique de Marie Antoinette, classical CD of the week." The Telegraph.
Preview the album



18th century chamber music

Enjoy 30 minutes of 18th century chamber music composed by Franz Ignaz Danzi (1763 – 1826). Chamber music is composed for and preformed by a small group of musicians that could fit easily into a chamber (hence the name!) Below is Danzi's Wind Quintet Opus 67, Nos. 2-3 performed by the Soni Ventorum Wind Quintet.

 




200 Years of Music at Versailles



200 Years of Music at Versailles box set featuring music from the periods of Louis XIV to Louis XVI
200 Years of Music at Versailles box set. 20 discs.

And then of course we have the ever popular, 200 Years of Music at Versailles box set.  This set has been on my amazon wishlist forever. If you are like me and just cant afford the set, here is a sample playlist of some songs from it.


 


What do you listen to while working?  Post your favorite mixes/channels too! I am always looking for new stuff.


4 comments:

  1. I am usually listening to podcasts or have the Boston classical station on in the background while I am working or in the car. Your mixes are awesome! You have inspired me to make my own! I am loving 200 Years of music at Versailles! I just put it on my wish list! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should share your mix here when you make it! The box set will not disappoint- Versailles had a webpage dedicated to it when it came out where you could actually stream most of the songs, they since took down the promotional site so now I am also looking to buy it!

      Delete
  2. Love listening to soundtracks while I write. Favs are "Jane Eyre", "The Duchess", & "Belle." Another that I really like is "The Cider House Rules" (yes, really!) Where did you find the "North & South" pieces? I've only been able to find the main theme in compilations. Your excerpts make me want MORE. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Georgiana soundtrack is great! And now I have to check out "The Cider House Rules"!

      About North & South, I think I found someone on a forum a few years ago who had the tracks and was willing to share. It looks like some kind soul has put them online here: North & South by Martin Phipps Such a good soundtrack...!

      Once winter kicks in I really like to listen to the soundtracks to Pride & Prejudice.

      Delete